This three hour certificate course provides practical information on the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System to ensure health care providers remain safe and effective while working with hazardous materials.
- Introduction of WHMIS principles and legislation
- Hazardous and Controlled Product Class Identification and Hazard Symbols
- Personal Protective Equipment Identification and PPE Symbols
- Introduction to Material Safety Data Sheets
- WHMIS Supplier and Worksite Labeling
- Employer and Employee Professional Responsibilities