- This event has passed.
Infection Prevention & Control
June 14 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Course Fee: $50
This certificate course introduces learners to the basic concepts of communicable disease and the role of the health care provider in infection prevention and control.
• Learn how to identify high risk areas and scenarios
• Participate in activities which practice standard accepted universal precautions (proper glove and gown use, barrier devices, hand washing and bed making procedures and sterilization and cleaning techniques
• Learn key terminology associated with Infection Prevention & Control
• Introduction to Micro-Organisms and Blood-Borne Pathogens
• The Chain of Infection
• Infection Prevention and Control Practices (as outlined by Alberta Health Services)
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Common Infectious Diseases in the Health Care Setting
• Outbreak Procedures Home Management and Infection Prevention and Control