- This event has passed.
Medication Administration (day 1)
May 29 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Course Fee: $85
This 1 & 1/2 day course is designed to enhance the medication administration skills of Paraprofessionals within any human service organization. Learn specific, regulated, safe and appropriate skills for all aspects of medication administration.
• learn the 12 general rules of medication administration delivery
• identify medication orders
• explore the 7 rights of medication delivery
• be introduced to documentation procedures, including electronic record keeping
• learn medication administration procedures (both general practice guidelines and the specific procedures) related to: P.R.N. Medications, Spacer Devices, Skin Medications, Pouch Pack vs. Blister Packs, Oral Liquids, Ear Drops, Assorted Inhalers/Disks, Nebulizers, Suppositories/Enemas, Oral Solids, Eye Drops/Ointments, Nose Drops/Nasal Sprays
• learn to manage medication delivery
• recognize medication administration challenges
• learn about medication appointments, new medication processes, discontinued medication processes, L.O.A. procedures, month end processes, medication administration errors and policies and procedures
• discuss practical case scenarios and will role play situations that require participants to problem solve and respond immediately to situations, document them and provide follow up actions.