- This event has passed.
Medication Assistance for the Health Care Provider – Day 1
May 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$125.00
Medication Assistance for the Healthcare Provider
Proper, responsible and professional medication assistance is an essential aspect of community care. This full day and a half course is designed to enhance the medication assistance skills of healthcare providers within any human service organization. Learn specific, regulated, safe and appropriate skills for all aspects of medication assistance through study of a prepared manual, and practical learning exercises.
- learn the 12 general rules of medication assistance delivery
- identify medication orders
- explore the 8 rights of medication delivery
- be introduced to documentation procedures (identification and completion of standard forms such as the ‘medication profile’, ‘medication administration record’, and other relative forms as well as a review of generally accepted documentation practices)
- learn medication assistance procedures (both general practice guidelines and the specific procedures) related to: P.R.N. Medications, Spacer Devices, Skin Medications, Pouch Pack vs. Blister Packs, Oral Liquids, Ear Drops, Assorted Inhalers/Disks, Nebulizers, Suppositories/Enemas, Oral Solids, Eye Drops/Ointments, Nose Drops/Nasal Sprays
- learn to manage medication delivery
- recognize medication assistance challenges
- learn about medication appointments, new medication processes, discontinued medication processes, L.O.A. procedures, month end processes, medication assistance errors and policies and procedures
- discuss practical case scenarios and will role play situations that require participants to problem solve and respond immediately to situations, document them and provide follow up actions.