- This event has passed.
June 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$75.00
One of the most sought after characteristics for any support worker is the extent to which they care and support clients; this ability is second only to their ability to document the excellent support they provide. Documentation, the ability to professionally prove in a durable format the excellent support provided, is the foundation of all support services. This full day training session takes basic recording of information to the level of “Professional Documentation” by identifying value-based, thoughtfully developed, policy specific, efficient and accurate documentation processes.
- identify agency risk management consideration with respect to documentation processes
- define “professionalism” in documentation through:
- empathetic communication, altruism, honor and integrity, respect, responsibility and accountability, excellence and best practices, leadership
- plan and organize for documentation
- identify agency specific documentation processes that include:
- staff communication logs, annual funding renewal reports, client care planning, month end summaries, client daily progress notes, off site documentation processes, client financial records, release of confidentiality, strength and support requirements, unusual incident reporting
- learn standards and principles for effective documentation