- This event has passed.
Safe and Sound at Work
June 2 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Course Fee: $115
This workshop will address both physical violence and psychological safety in the workplace through recognizing, responding, and referring:
- Introduction of prevalence of workplace violence through review of statistics, and nature of incidents within health service organizations.
- Introduction of psychological safety through definition, description, impact.
- What is considered abuse and how is this different in disability services than other fields?
- Staff to staff and client to staff
- Power and control dynamics
- Warning signs
May also include:
- Family violence, intimate partner violence
- Cultural influences and perspectives
- Male/ female
- Preventative measures
- Responding in the moment.
- Reporting: Excel policy &, investigation process, documentation,
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Co-worker/bystander responsibility.
- Role of management
- Debriefing – with whom would you feel comfortable, Excel trained staff
- Reasons why people don’t report and the consequences
- Continuing to work with a physically aggressive individual
- Excel resources and supports
- Community resources and supports